The electric cable measuring over four thousand feet was connected between the Half Moon Battery and the Nelson Monument by a team of sailors who began work on the 22nd April 1861.
Trials were carried out at the Castle during the early part of 1861 to find the most suitable battery from which to fire the signal. The master gunner originally planned to fire the signal from the Argyle Battery using one of the twelve pounders, pointing towards the Scott Monument. He changed his mind and decided […]
Jan Bondeson’s final article on the capital’s waxwork museums has now been published in the “Scotsman” and the “Evening News”. https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/the-arrival-of-edinburgh-wax-museum-rekindles-capitals-love-of-effigies-3183975
The Easter service will be held at Greyfriars Kirk tomorrow at 11.00 am. The service is limited to fifty due to the present restrictions still in force.
Walter Greenoak Patterson photographed Bobby and the Traill children in his studio. He also took a photograph of the little dog with the children and their parents.